Batley Grammar School
FOUNDED IN 1612, BATLEY GRAMMAR SCHOOL HAS A REPUTATION FOR ITS ACADEMIC SUCCESS AND PLAYS A SIGNIFICANT PART IN THE HISTORY OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY.
So that every inch of the former assembly hall could be used, a steel mezzanine was installed, this doubled the available floor area, allowed unused space to be utilised and created a larger functional library.
The ground floor of the old hall was also split into a new corridor, stairwell, and a large classroom with an acoustic moveable partition wall.
Keeping the historical integrity alive, two stained-glass windows that were bestowed to the school in 1918, were also positioned within the hallway to be enjoyed in all their glory.
MWA’S VISION AND METICULOUS ATTENTION TO DETAIL HAVE CREATED
A SPACE WHICH CONTINUES TO IMPRESS EVERY VISITOR WHO SEES
IT FOR THE FIRST TIME.